Monday, July 12, 2004

All Star Tuesday

As Sentencing Law and Policy pointed out, today is a big day. In addition to the MLB All Star game, a different sort of All Stars will gather in Washington DC to discuss what has quickly consumed all of my free time and most of my not-so-free time: Blakely v. Washington.

Yesterday, courtesy of the 2nd Cir, we got a bit of a procedural surprise: the court of appeals certifying three questions to the Supreme Court. It was only fitting that the All Star homerun derby winner was also a surprise: Miguel Tejada. What will happen in today's big events is anyone's guess, but one thing is for sure: this one counts.

At 10am this morning, the Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing "to examine Blakely v. Washington and the future of the federal sentencing guidelines."

I plan on attending. I will provide a full report when I return. I also plan on including more parallels to baseball (not really.)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?